This week I was invited to speak at an entrepreneur’s only lunch hosted by CED, on the topic of building winning teams in a startup environment.
The attached presentation highlights what I think of as 5 Critical Components of Building a Winning Startup Team.
- Founding Team – Share Equity and Play Fair
- Commander’s Intent – Capturing Vision, Mission and Principles
- Know Thyselves – Personality Profiles with Myers Briggs
- Be Big Now – Ruthlessly Repeating Who You Want to be Tomorrow, Today
- A Little Crazy is Good – Tapping into Creativity, Spontaneity, and Uniqueness
The presentation contains specific examples from our experience as a startup (although you’ll have to forgive a few greyed out areas to protect confidentiality).